9.05.2004

Bookshelf

I'm experimenting with an online bookshelf. That means all the books listed by author on the lower right margin are available for circulation! I will also list down some of the books I'm interested in as well, so it will essentially work like a book swap. Originial ownership, of course, will be maintained. In addition, the books that are on the list but in use will be marked with the initials of the user, so it will be clear which books are temporarily out of circulation and with whom. Books are so damn expensive nowadays, so maybe this will help keep us interested in the written word. I'm still figuring out the details, so please do tell me what you think :)

6 comments:

super inday said...

raymond!!! game ako! (my gulay, my nerdiness is showing through...) hmmm... but i still have a ton of books to finish, so i don't think i'll be borrowing any of yours for the meantime =) but you can definitely borrow my books. what's on your wishlist?

Madridista Mac said...

I'd be glad to lend you "a pettern language"... when i get back to the Philippines that is... :P

raymond said...

deck,
i'm still trying to expand my taste in books, so if you have any books you really enjoyed, I'm game :)

hehe, i seem to have forgotten to list my tom clancy and military books...

super inday said...

gosh cam, i didn't know you have such a great collection!!! hmm... will borrow pattern language after i'm done with dan brown's da vinci code :D then maybe we can launch a full-blown book study on it! you me raymond lems hahaha :D i'd be interested in you other non-arki books as well (there's only so much of arki you can take) so i'll just ask you about at work tomorrow!!! hahaha :p and let me know you blogsite addy once you feel it's ready to go public, haha :D

raymond said...

I was actually thinking of putting up a blog that discusses A Pattern Language point by point with respect to the possibility of applying it to the local setting. After which, we can add our own patterns based on other works, even our own experiences and experiments, like an evolving online architectural manifesto. What do you think?

super inday said...

too complicated ray =p and i think we will be hitting a limited audience =p unless you can get rights from the author to publish the book online, i don't think we'll have enough readers to provide substantial differences insights. but that's just my opinion =p