2.05.2005

Sally Shears

Sally Shears a.k.a. Molly is one of the recurring characters in William Gibson's science fiction novels. If you haven't heard of her, the enigmatic and dangerous female lead character (often with dark hair and dark mirror glasses) in many cyberpunk films are probably based on her (but that's just my opinion).



Why did I bring her up? I finally found an inexpensive copy of Mona Lisa Overdrive, the third book of a loosely connected series starting with Neuromancer. I think the stories are loosely connected because I still do not have the second book, Count Zero. I really want to dive into my new purchase, but not having the book in between is a real drag. I guess Mona Lisa Overdrive will have to wait until I find that elusive second book.

Don't you hate it when you try to enjoy a sequel, but miss out on some references made to an earlier installment?

No comments: